Shortcut keys are malfunctioning from time to time

I am running Anki Version ⁨23.12 (edd38ca0)⁩
Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.6.1 PyQt 6.6.0
macOS Sonoma 14.0

I have the problem of Shortcut keys malfunctioning.
The shortcut key will not be available from time to time, and I have to use the cursor. I haven’t identified a pattern in the bug(may be).
So I’m here to ask if any other is having the same problem with me, to judge whether this issue is due to my own actions.

Do you ever switch keyboard layouts? Maybe the shortcut keys don’t work when you are using a non-English layout?

1 Like

If that doesn’t explain it, please see if you can identify a pattern, as we’ll need to know steps to reproduce it in order to investigate.

TYSM! It’s truly because of the third-party keyboard layout.

Do you mind if I ask what languages/layouts you are using that are giving you trouble and with which shortcuts?

I recently posted about the issues I’m having with shortcuts in the Turkish-Q layout, so I’ve got the idea on my mind. I’m interested to know how similar or different other languages/layouts are. Thanks!

I am using Squirrel (a third-party input method) and typing Chinese (QWERTY). In this case, no shortcuts are identified at all.
I’ve tried the QWERTY Chinese input method provided by Apple, and it works properly. So, I guess the issue I am experiencing is only due to the third-party input method.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.