Setting --disable-seccomp-filter-sandbox by default on Linux?

also discussed e.g. here.

in the meantime the anki version from flathub should work - internally it seems to use glibc version 2.31 and I just tested on Fedora 35 that also uses glibc 2.34: When running the anki binary directly all my webviews are empty whereas running the flatpak version works.

I’m referring to: Flathub—An app store and build service for Linux

The anki flatpak isn’t built from source instead it just bundles/wraps the binary from apps.ankiweb.net. If you want a newer Anki version (or an Anki version that was never uploadd to flathub) as a flatpak you can build it yourself basically by changing the app-id and source in this template. You can also export your custom built flatpaks and share them without relying on flathub. You need one command to build the new local flatpak, one command to export it as a shareable file and one command to install this on the other computer.

Would disabling the sandbox for new Anki versions really help much? Hopefully the next Anki will be based on qt6.2 which should have a fix for this (?). The real problem seems to be that older and popular Anki releases like 2.1.44 or 2.1.35 no longer just work on these newer distro releases. The only way to make the older anki versions run out of the box should be an alternate re-release for these old versions?

1 Like