Scheduler: Dynamic Lapse Interval [Official thread]

If you have a problem with or bug fix for the add-on scheduler: Dynamic Lapse Interval post in this thread. This way I get notified. If you make a new thread I will likely miss it. It might take some time until I reply.

1 Like

Hey there sorry for not explaining properly in the add-on page. Here is my setting on the add-on so i can explain what I’m trying to achieve

{
    "lapse_ivls_default": {
        "long_interval_modifier": 0.2,
        "long_interval_modifier_for_ivls_longer_than_days": 200,
        "overdue_time_percentage": 0.5,
        "short_interval_modifier": 0.75,
        "short_interval_modifier_for_ivls_lower_than_days": 100
    },

I want to set my Short interval closer to 199 so all my card will have 0.75 lapses while for a card with a 200 interval is .20. but the problem is when i restart my Anki, it told me the setting is invalid. therefore, I only set my short ivl days to 100 because large value will be invalidated.

Thanks you for this addon

Thanks for the report. I’ll look into this and upload an update. Only in the coming weeks because I’m busy at the moment.

Maybe the error is just in a user input function … So if you know some python you can change the one relevant if function in the source code. If you can’t find it yourself it means you can’t verify the rest so I won’t post further details.

The v3 scheduler is out, right? Do you have plans to update the add-on?

I have a similar feeling like you have, that for long ivls the new ivl might be too long.

you don’t need an add-on in the v3 scheduler. you can get the functionality in the new v3 scheduler with custom js (that will also work on mobile). Someone “just” has to write fully new code (though it’s simpler than creating this add-on) … I don’t know when I’ll have time for this.

1 Like