running cards with TTS tags reports error

Hello developer friends! I ran into a problem, probably related to the underlying design of ANKI.

The system I use is a lite version of Windows 10, the author removed the TTS module of the Microsoft system, and I have no voice recognition, reading aloud, Cortana and other functions in the settings of the computer. The system ran and everything worked fine until I met Anki and I opened my original card.

When ANKI encounters a card with a TTS tag, it will cause an error to be reported directly, after checking the database, changing the ANKI version, replacing QT6, and other measures I have tried, and the problem also continues.

The error message is as follows:

Anki 23.10 (3394ab02) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.5.3 PyQt 6.5.3
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.19041
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-10-27 10:51:43

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "aqt.webview", line 46, in cmd
  File "aqt.webview", line 153, in _onCmd
  File "aqt.webview", line 666, in _onBridgeCmd
  File "aqt.overview", line 97, in _linkHandler
  File "aqt.main", line 715, in moveToState
  File "aqt.main", line 736, in _reviewState
  File "aqt.reviewer", line 162, in show
  File "aqt.reviewer", line 181, in refresh_if_needed
  File "aqt.reviewer", line 239, in nextCard
  File "aqt.reviewer", line 348, in _showQuestion
  File "aqt.sound", line 150, in play_tags
  File "aqt.sound", line 209, in _play_next_if_idle
  File "aqt.sound", line 212, in _play
  File "aqt.sound", line 223, in _best_player_for_tag
  File "aqt.tts", line 120, in rank_for_tag
  File "aqt.tts", line 85, in voice_for_tag
  File "aqt.tts", line 81, in voices
  File "aqt.tts", line 580, in get_available_voices
  File "aqt.tts", line 585, in _get_available_voices
  File "anki._backend_generated", line 1471, in all_tts_voices
  File "anki._backend", line 158, in _run_command
anki.errors.BackendError: WindowsError { details: Other, source: Error { code: HRESULT(0x800455A0), message: "Internal Speech Error." } }

Solution: Removed the tts tag in the card template, it can be opened normally, no longer report an error, but I can’t get happy on other devices.

Would you like to see if there is a way to solve this problem. When faced with the problem of the system underlying missing, can you write a judgment statement, or the security mode of Anki, when the call system component fails, we can also successfully run anki. over.

I suggest you install an add-on such as https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/391644525 to provide the sound instead.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.