Review opens during card creation

I’m on 23.12.1 on MacOS 14.2.1 on a 2022 M2 MacBook Air. This isn’t a huge problem, but: When I begin adding cards for a day, not long after I’ve added the first card the main window will switch to review mode, showing me the card I’ve just made. I am able to return to the Deck view. I this this happens only once per use of Anki: If I open the application & start adding cards, this happens. If I go back to the Deck view, do some other things, then return to adding cards, it doesn’t happen again. Initially, I thought I was brushing against my trackpad or something, but I’ve been quite careful to avoid this & the issue continues.

Edit: This has been happening for a few months, & predates the upgrade to 23.

I experience this quite often when adding cards.

It switches from the deck list? That’s unexpected. Can you reproduce it without add-ons?

It switches from the deck list, yes. At present, I only use the FSRS4Anki Helper add-on (for scheduling with Ankidroid). This problem—& it’s not a huge problem, obviously—predates my using that add-on. I can trigger the behaviour simply by opening Anki & adding one card to a deck. The review session will not begin immediately, but starts in a minute or so. This happens whether I add additional cards after the first one, or whether I just sit & wait.

This also happens if I close the Add window, navigate to another deck, open a new Add window, & add a new card.

It does not, however, happen if I close the Add window, stay on the same deck, open a new Add window, & add a new card. Changing back to a deck in which I’ve already experienced this behaviour & adding a card also won’t trigger it again.

1 Like

Hmm, maybe I’m missing something - neither of those approaches seems to trigger it for me. @abdo, since you’re seeing it on your machine, would you mind taking a look when you have a chance?

I couldn’t reproduce it reliably last time I tested months ago.

I can trigger the behaviour simply by opening Anki & adding one card to a deck. The review session will not begin immediately, but starts in a minute or so.

I was able to reproduce the issue following this now! Will do more tests.

The issue I was able to reproduce only happens when the congrats screen is shown (ref).

@dae I assume this is intended; I remember you mentioned that to me here.

For me, this definitely occurs when not on the congrats screen.

Yep, I would expect it to happen on the congrats screen, but not from the deck list.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.