Pull from Duolingo stopped working

I’m using Anki 2.1.49 on a Windows 7 pc. My only addon is “Pull from Duolingo.” It worked fined until a day or two ago. Now, it starts to get the notes, but then stops, giving me an error message. Here’s the debug info. I hope someone can figure out what’s going on. I did try reinstalling Anki, but it didn’t make a difference. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-on support site.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.49 (dc80804a) Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Windows 7
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2022-11-12 21:53:05

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\557761805\duolingo.py”, line 448, in get_translations
return request.json()
File “requests\models.py”, line 900, in json
File “json_init_.py”, line 357, in loads
File “json\decoder.py”, line 337, in decode
File “json\decoder.py”, line 355, in raw_decode
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\557761805\plugin.py”, line 96, in sync_duolingo
translations = lingo.get_translations([vocab[‘word_string’] for vocab in word_chunk])
File “C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\557761805\duolingo.py”, line 450, in get_translations
raise Exception(‘Could not get translations’)
Exception: Could not get translations

Same issue on MacOS …