Problem with background-color change on png

Hey, I want to insert a following png in to my Anki-Flashcards. It has a transparent background, which appears black on the flashcard.

To change the background I used
.img { background-color:white;}

As you can see on the preview on the right side - nothing happend.
Can sb please help me?
I already looked at a post on this forum, which seems to solve the same problem, but the code doesn’t work for me :frowning:
Thank you!

Does using img instead of .img solve your problem?

The dot creates a class selector - whereas img just applies to all images.

CSS can be a picky bitch sometimes.

No, nothing changed :frowning:
But thanks for the hint. I will keep this in mind :slight_smile:

Can you post the code from your Front and Back templates as well? I just pasted out your image in a blank card and it worked as expected for me.

Front:

Was ist die Reaktionsgleichung des Nachweises von:
{{Nachweis von}}

Back:

{{FrontSide}}
<hr id=answer>
{{Reaktionsgleichung}}

I use a mac. Could that be a problem?

If it is I have no way to verify it. And your template is so simple that I don’treally see that being the problem.

You could try pasting the image in the basic note to see if it works there. If that doesn’t fix it the last thing I could offer you is that you export your deck and share it on Ankiweb so I can check if it’s a problem with the deck or only on your machine.

It shouldn’t matter but what version of Anki are you on?

Hey,
sorry for the late response. I just uploaded the Anki Deck
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1771735364
My Anki version is:
Version ⁨2.1.56 (07fd88dd)⁩
Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.3.2 PyQt 6.3.1

Alright, I forgot Anki had a review period after decks are uploaded so I couldn’t see the deck immediately.

Anyway, are you aware that the image in your deck you uploaded is not a png? Maybe you reverted to .jpg because png didn’t work - just checking.

It’s got something to do with the images you paste, not your note type, because when I paste any png without background it works just fine. Btw you’re still using .img and not img - but that doesn’t make a difference here.

Where do you get the chem images from? Are they generated or from some textbook?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.