Poll: Icon for sticky/pinned/frozen fields

Henrik is currently working on integrating a button inside the editor to cause a field’s text to remain when adding, and we’re trying to decide on an icon. You can see some example screenshots and the associated discussion here:

Which icon do you think is best?

• Lock
  • Note
  • Pin
  • Snowflake
  • Other (comment below)

0 voters

1 Like

Just an additional idea if this is being added as a native Anki feature - would it be worthwhile adding some sort of reset button?

Using Ze Frozen Fields, if I add a card with a few fields frozen, the field will stay persistent. If I’d like to make an entirely new card after adding a few cards with frozen fields, I have to uncheck the icon, highlight the field, select the content and delete it for each field. A simple card reset button would make this process much easier and especially for those not familiar with the add-on.

Other than that, my vote goes for the pin!

2 Likes

Not a big fan of a separate button, but it could be possible with a modified key+click

1 Like

Reviving this topic, because PR #1403 has lead to another change of icons for the editor.

I’m pleading to bring back the opacity difference for active/inactive icons, as it helps tremendously to identify sticky fields (or field states in general) at a quick glance.

Previously, active icons were in font color (black/white) and inactive ones were greyed out at .2 opacity:

The new approach is using different icons for the active/inactive state (nice idea @hengiesel!), but dropped the opacity change. I find it much harder to discern the sticky state now:

The eye and code symbol are easier, but would still benefit from a striking opacity change.

What do you prefer?

• Font color for active, 0.2 opacity for inactive icons
  • Gray color for active/inactive icons

0 voters