Please include a document that talks about how to make better cards

A lot of users don’t know how to make cars. They are using Anki incorrectly.

Please include this article from Supermemo: Twenty rules of formulating knowledge.

Make Anki come with this document!

(I am not a native speaker of English, so my English could be wrong.)

The documentation does link to this article here: Adding/Editing - Anki Manual

Although, yes, I have noticed that many people do not bother reading through the documentation.

Damien, I’m aware of the link in Help → Guide, but would you consider adding a pop-up with something like

“Please read the manual thoroughly before using Anki”

when Anki is launched for the first time after installation.
(I could be wrong, but I don’t recall anything like this happening when I made fresh anki installs recently.)

1 Like

I’m not sure how much that would help. People who are inclined to read the manual will do so; for many users, they want to just dive in and will not go near the manual unless they’re forced to. Some more accessible intro videos might be worth showing on first startup in the future, but they need to be made first. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is possible to create a detailed page wiki in the reddit page just like https://www.reddit.com/r/medicalschoolanki/wiki/index or https://thefitness.wiki

most of the community decks, templates and tips are forgotten by the community because of the novelty of the new posts (and reddit algorithms) , making the old posts disappear (unless it is upvoted a lot)

the solution to this problem would be creating hyperlink to templates and decks organized by language learning, med, multiple choice etc

and recreating a wiki Faq with tips and detailed info about Anki but being minimal and direct as possible
since most of the users are in a phase(18-25) where they don’t enjoy reading big chunks of info, aka manual, bio and physis and don’t have time nor hope

Although making a guide would kill a bit of the community since most of the post is asking about how to use Anki is the most effective way to maximize learning