"Please ensure your Anki is up to date"

Hi, everytime i’m trying to sync i get the message that says “Your Anki client does not support the new timezone handling yet. Please ensure your Anki is up to date”. My timezone and time is correct. And idk why I don’t have the scheduling option in preferences. I downloaded the “Anki for 2016+ Linux (2.1.49)” because i use Chromebook. What am i supposed to do from now on?

Try this:

Anki says my clock is wrong - Frequently Asked Questions (ankiweb.net)

I tried different timezone but it didn’t work

What time do you see on your device at this instant ?

Where did you download your Linux from ?

Thanks

I see 8:24pm right now on this device.

I didn’t download Linux, i turned it on in the settings.

I’m sorry. I didn’t ask a clear question - although your answer is helpful.

The question that I should have asked is: “What’s the official time where your are ?”

The issue of correct time keeps recurring here and on Reddit.

For example:
Anki 2.1.49 on chromebook ‘Your Anki client does not support the new timezone handling yet. Please switch to the legacy handling in the computer version’s Preferences screen.’ - AnkiDroid (Android) - Anki Forums (ankiweb.net)
And:
“Your Anki client does not support the new timezone handling yet…” : Anki (reddit.com)

Thanks.

It’s 8:41pm (Eastern European Time) right now where I live.

You would not get that message if you were running 2.1.49. It sounds like you have an older version (also) installed on your system, and you are accidentally running that instead. If your Chromebook is an ARM machine, 2.1.49 does not run on ARM devices. If you are unable to run a recent version, you can enable the legacy timezone in AnkiDroid’s preferences.

My chromebook is x86-64 and I also did figure out that I was running an old version, but now I managed to update it and everything works perfectly fine. Thank you very much for the help @OldGrantonian and @dae

2 Likes

Hello, jjjjjjjj. I am also struggling with the same problem you had. My chromebook is x86-64 and I am running an old version(probably 2.1.15? / just downloaded). I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to update, if you can. (Sorry for my lack English & PC skills…)