This is a suggestion which would slightly be more intuitive to me. I would perfectly understand a disagreement.
- Open browser
- ensure you are on note mode
- select a note
- move to card mode
- Intuitively, I want the note content to still appear. I still have a single note selected, am still considering it
- Since multiple cards are selected (which I appreciate), the note editor is closed.
- The easiest solution would be to have a new rule, which state that note editor appear if a single note is selected (instead of a single card, as of today)
- A less easy solution would be to have a special rule when leaving note mode.
The main argument against it that I can imagine would be that users expect the same behaviour when multiple cards are selected, whatever the set of cards is. In which case, solution 2 would ensure that the change in behavior occurs only in a case where the user didn’t do a select action.