Notifications suddenly cut off in Anki desktop

The yellow notifications in Anki desktop are suddenly cut off and only the first part is displayed.
I’ve tried disabling all add-ons but that doesn’t fix it.

Anki version is ⁨2.1.49

This is the how the notification looks when I bury a card:

Any help is appreciated.

I think it might have been caused by an OS update. I use Manjaro which is based on Arch Linux.

Any chance one of the following packages is involved in displaying the tooltip notification?

python-requests
python-pysocks
python-orjson
python-distro
python-markdown

Third party Linux packages and source builds are not supported / Anki Ecosystem / Knowledge Base - AnkiMobile/AnkiWeb Support.

In case you’ve installed Anki through your package manager, try if you can reproduce the error using the official packaged version on the Anki website: https://apps.ankiweb.net/

Third party packages regularly come with graphical glitches.

I’m running Anki on Manjaro and for me it looks like this:

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I did not know that the rules were that strict.

Yes I’ve installed Anki through package manager and so far it had been working pretty well. Also I would like to continue to use it that way for several reasons, but here is probably not the right place for a discussion about that.

I’ve tried the version from the website and it solves this issue but then again I don’t like the font it uses in the main screen at all, it doesn’t look like in your picture above.

This topic has been discussed extensively on the GitHub repo:

Is it a serif font? I had a weird serif font (like Times New Roman) on 2.1.49 but thought I was the only one, since I had been experimenting with my system fonts. Perhaps the current 2.1.50 beta shows a normal font for you: Index of /downloads/beta/

1 Like

Yes.

I’ve quickly tried the beta version, it completely crashes because of some add-on apparently, but it still shows the serif font I think.

The font is set in standard_css() - maybe the call to self.font() could be replaced with something else to pick up the system font? Is it better if we just don’t set the font at all?