New cards NOT shown before reviews

Tools->Preferences->Scheduling
Although scheduling option is properly set as “Show new cards before reviews”, the reviewing card will be shown even it has new cards.
Please let me know the way to solve this problem.
The example below, at step 9, B would like to be shown. (But A)
i.e. After studying all new cards, the reviewing cards would like to be shown.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Example

1. Create three new cards. A, B, C in X deck.
  2. Select “X deck”
  3. Select “Study Now”
  4. First, A appears
  5. Select “Show Answer”
  6. Select “Again”
  7. Next, C appears
  8. Select “Easy”
  9. Next, A appears again!

In your example, A is not a review card but a learning card in step 9. Those have the highest priority and will be shown as soon as possible after they’ve become due.

2 Likes

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your support. Please inform me additional 2 inquiries below;

1. What is the difference between a learning card and a review card? When will a learning card be a review card?
  2. Is there any way to show a new card prior to a learning card? (This is what I would like to do.)
  1. A review card has passed all the learning steps, a learning card is still in the middle of it. Please refer to the Anki Manual for more details.
  2. I don’t think so. Anki considers the timing for learning card as crucial.
2 Likes

Don’t we have any option or add-on to show a new card first prior to review cards? (force to show a new card prior to review cards, a new card has the highest priority than any cards.)

Please inform me of workaround, setting, option to show a new card prior to a review card.
Or any information that there is no way to accomplish the purpose.

As I wrote above, I’m not aware of any way to achieve this.
Is there any special reason why you need it?

Maybe a filtered deck showing only new cards in the specific deck?

As soon as you review the new cards, they become learning cards but will remain in the deck.

I want to start reviewing the learning cards after first checking all the new cards in the deck.In other words, I don’t want to be disturbed by the learning cards before checking all new cards.

A filtered deck may be able to do this depending on which scheduler you have set. If its filter pulled in the new cards and was set to not record progress (I’m not sure if the new schedulers still have that option), then each day you could press build on the deck, press easy on each card to see them once, then empty the deck without consequences.

It wouldn’t be much of a hassle (as it only needs to be set up once), but it’s probably not the default so people aren’t overloaded with unfamiliar content all at once.