New AnkiDroid released on alpha, testers and translators wanted

If you have an Android smartphone or tablet, we’d truly appreciate you trying out the 2.16 alpha from the play store. Instructions are AnkiDroid 2.15 User Manual , and then provide feedback. (You need to join beta AND alpha to get the alpha)
Note that we want specifically feedback from play store users. It is slightly different from the github version because of some github limitation.

Also, if you speak another language on top of English, please help us translate AnkiDroid. We have a few new important message, and we would really love if those few sentences could be translated in as many language as possible, to really diminish the risk of people accidentally losing their data.

You can go on AnkiDroid dashboard in Crowdin to do the translation, you have many hints on Translating AnkiDroid · ankidroid/Anki-Android Wiki · GitHub , and don’t hesitate to ask question if you need help.

The important strings are all in the section 01-core.xml

This is a massive release for us, and we need all the help we can get to ensure we’ve fixed all the bugs before launch.

Don’t hesitate to ask for any help you need from us regarding this alpha. Feel free to communicate anything that may seems vaguely interesting. Even if it’s just a details, just a feeling that something is not quite right. We can not receive too many feedback from our userbase.

5 Likes

Hello, I use the latest alpha release from Github (arm64-v8a) and didn’t come across with any problems (unlike the previous alpha one that crashed when you use the “check media” option). Everything works great for me in this version. Still waiting for add-ons support though :frowning:

Hi,

I edited the text, thanks.
I should have noted that the default github version is different from the play store version (unless you downloaded the one named “play”). What we want to test is specifically related to play store limitation

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.