New Anki ⁨23.12.1 Qt6 crashes immediately after start

The new installed version worked for a while, then I updated Windows 10, maybe that’s the problem, idk. Anki will launch if I hold “Shift” key or turn the Internet off. I can’t force full sync, because Anki doesn’t save this updated preference. I can’t log in via Sync option using my Anki ID and password, whatever I type in (and I type correctly, I checked multiple times, even changed my password), the app crashes. If I don’t run the program holding the “Shift” key, it crashes seconds in. I deleted my add-ons, that didn’t solve the problem.
AnkiDroid and Ankiweb work just fine.
Do you have any suggestions?

Version ⁨23.12.1 (1a1d4d54)⁩
Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.6.1 PyQt 6.6.1
Windows 10 64-bit

Try running in the terminal, then share the results in preformatted text (Crtl + E)

from the docs Startup Issues - Anki Manual

Starting Anki from a terminal may reveal a bit more information about some errors. After installing the latest Anki version and ensuring all Windows updates are installed, instead of running Anki directly, use Start → Run and type cmd.exe. When a console window appears, type

cd \program files\anki & anki-console

Presumably Anki will fail to open like before, but it may reveal something about what is causing the problem.

I think maybe it would be:
cd .\AppData\Local\Programs\Anki\

because that’s where recent versions of Anki get installed.

Please follow the steps on Troubleshooting - Anki Manual

C:\Users\kukav>cd \program files\anki & anki-console
Anki starting...
Initial setup...
Preparing to run...
Qt debug: doh set to ""  --  SystemOnly
Starting main loop...
Press any key to continue . . .
C:\Program Files\Anki>

Please see Fails to start on Windows · Issue #2973 · ankitects/anki · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.