My AnkiApp crashes all the time. :(

Dear Community,

I have difficulties with Anki since I downloaded iOS 15. To be clear my device (iPhone 7) is on the newest IOS (iOS 15.0.2) and also the Anki app is on the newest update (2.0.80).

When I study my Flashcards Anki crashes with every second Flashcard, as soon as I press a Button (the Good, easy, Hard, again Buttons)
Then I open the app again and again as soon as I press on a button of the second Flashcard Anki crashes again.

After doing this for a while Anki finally crashes completely and as soon as I open the app and choose a deck to learn it instantly crashes. Then I have to deinstall and install the app again to be able to choose a deck. Anki still crashes after Deinstallation and installation.

I also did a hard reset with my Iphone and turned it off and on numerous times and nothing changed.

Thanks for helping
I tried to describe my problem as good as I could I hope you can help me; I love your app.

Best regards
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

I just want to make sure that you’re using AnkiMobile, and not a similar sounding but different one called AnkiApp.

Please check this out: AnkiApp is not part of the Anki ecosystem - Frequently Asked Questions

1 Like

Please use the Check Database option from the Preferences screen. If that does not resolve the issue, please let me know.

yes I’m using the AnkiMobile App - the one that costs 25€ for iOS.

Then please follow what dae told you.

I think it worked. It still crashes sometimes but it’s good enough to study. Thank you.
Best regards
Sebastian

1 Like