Issue regarding the Advanced MPV Player and Advanced Answer Sounds addons

I couldn’t find a GitHub page for these addons, so I’m posting this here hoping that the author will see this.

I ran into an issue while reviewing where the last bit of the audio on my sentence cards would get cut off. After going through and disabling and re-enabling a bunch of my addons, I found the source of the problem to be the Advanced MPV Player and Advanced Answer Sounds addons. When I disable both of the addons, my sentence audio plays fine but I lose the answer sounds. When I only disable the Advanced Answer Sounds addon, the sentence audio gets cut off AND I lose the answer sounds. But when I only disable the Advanced MPV Player addon, my cards fail to flip or play audio at all AND the below error occurs:

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-on support site.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.35 (84dcaa86) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1
Add-ons, last update check: 2022-05-14 18:51:05

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt\webview.py”, line 493, in handler
File “aqt\reviewer.py”, line 542, in _onTypedAnswer
File “<D:\Anki\decorator.pyc:decorator-gen-20>”, line 2, in _showAnswer
File “anki\hooks.py”, line 638, in decorator_wrapper
File “anki\hooks.py”, line 629, in repl
File “aqt\reviewer.py”, line 234, in _showAnswer
File “aqt\sound.py”, line 102, in play_tags
File “aqt\sound.py”, line 153, in _play_next_if_idle
File “aqt\sound.py”, line 160, in play
File "C:\Users\Henri\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1167194350_init
.py", line 216, in play2
filename = hooks.media_file_filter(tag.filename)
AttributeError: module ‘anki.hooks’ has no attribute ‘media_file_filter’

It may also be worth mentioning that I initially only had the Advanced Answer Sounds addon installed, and it worked perfectly on its own. But at some point in time (most likely the May 9th update, but I’m not sure), it only worked if I had the Advanced MPV Player addon installed too. I didn’t mind doing this at the time because it didn’t cut off the audio in my sentence cards, but for whatever reason now it does.

It would solve my issue if the above error with the Advanced Answer Sounds addon was fixed, OR if the issue with Advanced MPV Player cutting off audio was fixed. I want to be able to keep using the Advanced Answer Sounds addon without running into errors or having to deal with card audio being cut off.

It has also just occurred to me that my Anki version may just be out of date. I’ll try backing up everything and updating to a newer version to see if that fixes the problem.

Update: Yes, my version was just out of date. You may kindly ignore this thread.

1 Like