Is there a way to remove easy cards and put in a seperate deck

I would like to tag somehow cards as I go through the deck and then put those cards in a seperate deck. Can’t figure out how to do that. If I tag them Red can I eliminate or move these somehow? How to I not see all the red cards? Bit lost and new!

Sure!

1. What do you mean by “as I go through the deck”? While you are studying, or while you are scrolling through cards in the Browse window, or …?
  2. By what characteristics do you want to measure which ones are easy?
  3. Why do you want to separate the easy cards out? It’s nice to have the easy ones mixed in with the more challenging ones sometimes!
  4. You can tag them (by note) or flag them (by card), but those are unnecessary intermediate steps. If you want to study them separately, Change Deck. If you don’t want to study them at all, Suspend.
  1. While studying. So I see a word I know is easy and I mark it to move out to a different deck. I tried marking them in red.
  2. Ones I know for sure - çok kolay
  3. I want a deck that is all known so I can also track how many words I know now.
  4. If I tag them or flag them is there a way to see all the flags?
  5. have to get ready for Istanbul!

In the Browse window, you can search for:
rated:1:4
to find all cards studied today that were rated Easy.

Then you can use Edit / Select All from the top menu to select all of those cards, then click with the right mouse button on any one of those highlighted cards to open a pop-up menu. In the pop-up menu, select Change Deck to open the dialog, then click on the new deck name and click on the Move Cards button.

Variations:

rated:2:4
(all cards studied today and yesterday that were rated Easy)

rated:2:4 -rated:1
(all cards studied yesterday that were rated Easy)

rated:3:4 -rated:2
(all cards studied the day before yesterday that were rated Easy)

rated:1:3
(all cards studied today that were rated Good)

and so on.

1 Like
  1. There’s no way to search for “ones I know for sure” unfortunately! sprvlcn gave some great examples of ways you can search. Others you might want to look at are cards with at least X reviews and fewer than Y lapses; cards with intervals longer than 21d; cards with high “ease” or low “difficulty” (depending on which algorithm you’re using).

2. You don’t need to find and move the cards into a different deck to keep track of “how many words [you] know now” – there are all sorts of ways that Anki can help you figure that out, and you can leave the cards right where they are. For instance, in Stats you can see how many “Mature” Review cards you have. These are the cards with longer intervals – a good sign of how well you know them.

3. You can search up all of the cards that have a certain tag or have a certain flag. In the Browse window, you can click on that flag/tag in the sidebar or you can run a search for that flag/tag yourself (see the link to the search page).

4. İyi yolculuklar!

You can find flagged/tagged cards using the left sidebar in the browse screen.

Thank you. I’ll give it a try this week!

I want to be able to say “I know 600 words in Turkish” or whatever. Last check was 300 but that was years ago. Simdi…bilmiyorum.
Istanbul’a sadece 6 hafta kaldı - thank you google translate!

I would probably start with searching by current interval (but any of the other characteristics I mentioned above would work too), like all of your cards that have an interval of at least 21d (or whatever length seems meaningful to you), and (just in case) excluding anything New or Suspended –
prop:ivl>=21 -is:new -is:suspended
– and limit it to whatever deck: is appropriate.

If you have multiple cards for your note type (reverse cards, sentence cards, etc.) – once you have those cards searched up, switch to Notes mode, so it will only count each word once. That should give you a good total at the top of the screen.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.