Impossible to read German buttons (text too long) on "Check Media" menu

I don’t dare choose one (delete/etc) without being able to read them…

Tried expanding the window’s size?

@tobias.predel Is there any room to word these more succinctly? I realise that can be difficult in German :slight_smile:

Hello,
I’m sorry but I can’t reproduce this issue with Qt on Linux. Window sizes gets adjusted acording to button text widths. Have you installed the latest release? May this be also a Qt toolkit issue on iOS/Mac?

Regards,
Tobias

Qt uses parts of the native OS, so the button resizing may vary between platforms.

Okay, completely missed that the dialog was resizable, thanks!

Of course, still seems like it shouldn’t automatically open that small, but that’s obviously of much lower priority. Feel free to close.

I’m using:

Version 2.1.35 (84dcaa86)
Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2

Hi!

I’m thinking about it. Yeah, German tends to result in longer words sometimes. Of course it is possible to use only the first half of words in order to truncate, e.g. Papierkorb leeren => Papierk. le., but I personally don’t like the idea to force people to guess the rest.

Besides, there was a wrong translation made by me (Papierkorb löschen => Papierkorb leeren) so thanks for raising the topic so I could notice and correct that.

But some small improvements can still be done:
Nicht benutzt… => Unbenutzt… (applied on Pontoon/i18n.ankiweb.net)

If you have any good ideas, feel free to change the translation, e.g. see
https://i18n.ankiweb.net/de/all-projects/all-resources/?search=nicht+benutzt&string=22369

Any help highly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Regards,
Tobias

1 Like

Maybe just “Unbenutzte löschen”, “Gelöschte wierderherstellen” etc? The English doesn’t mention “files”… (note: not a native German speaker).

1 Like