!important to overwrite inline CSS

I’m trying to make all text white (and remove highlights , not sure how to do that… maybe highlight: none ?? Couldn’t find anything about this in the manual)

font-family: arial;
 font-size: 20px;
 text-align: center;
 color: white !important;
 background-color: ;
}``` 

!important sadly only overwrites other formats, but not the color: html in the notes themselves (inline I think it is called) 
![image|522x210](upload://xoUeqCo7l0G82LFW2W84Ztoa1Rs.png)

This text is heavily preformatted. Perhaps instead of overriding the inline styles it’s better to just use Ctrl+Shift+V to paste the text without formatting or use Anki’s “Remove Formatting” feature on the selected text (rubber icon, Ctrl+R).

2 Likes

well the thing is that I only need to remove the color because it’s gray-ish color is not visible in nightmode

Though I have bolded correct answers, which should not be removed! Which Ctrl+Shift+V or Ctrl+R would remove

and it is for sooo many notes that I don’t want to be doing it manually (I know you can filter off removing certain formats…

There is no built-in feature to remove formatting in bulk, but there may be add-ons that provide such a feature, or you may be able to do it with Find&Replace.

another example of !important not actually doing anything

I mean isn’t it supposed to overwrite inline html, for color and everything

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.