Image Occlusion in AnkiMobile

When will AnkiMobile get in built image occlusion function ? I have the asked same question on May’21 and the answer was it will take months…:sob:

1 Like

Foundational updates have taken longer than originally expected. Hopefully we’re not too far off at this point.

3 Likes

Luckily I still haven’t reached my Anatomy block, cant wait for the Image Occlusion update!

Hello!

Do you have updates about image occlusion arriving on AnkiMobile?
How long do you estimate will it take?

Thanks

Sorry, I’m not in a position to provide a concrete estimate yet. Things have not settled down from the recent large desktop+AnkiMobile releases yet, and the recent changes to the desktop editor need to be integrated into AnkiMobile before an image occlusion feature can proceed. It hasn’t been forgotten about, and is being slowly worked towards.

Could it be a possibility before the end of the year? iOS 16 beta added some cool screenshot functionality that will make it easy to crop/import screenshots into apps which Anki could leverage.

Specifically; screenshotting now gives the option to tap “Done, Copy and Delete” which preserves your cropped image on your clipboard which could be pasted directly into Anki for occluding.

It will more likely come as a cross-platform solution that works on the desktop (and in the future, AnkiDroid), rather than something that uses iOS-specific functionality. There are still a backlog of changes that need to come first, so while end-of-year would be nice, I can’t say with any certainty that it would be the case yet I’m afraid.

3 Likes