Image Occlusion Enhanced [Official Support Thread]

@nickel8448 Thanks for the report! I can reproduce this here. Looking into it.

Thanks for checking. Really appreciate it!!

Hello glutanimate, sorry to bother you again on this one. Do you think you will be able to fix this one soon?

Good day!
I was wondering if there was a way to configure two rectangles to be linked to the same reveal.
Example: I have 7 fields I want to hide, but two of them are actually labeled the same. So I want to create six cards: 5 which reveal 1 of the rectangles each and the 6th that reveals the linked pair.
Any thoughts, or would this be filed under “suggested features”?
Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Already present in the add-on

Grouping Items

Image Occlusion Enhanced for Anki - The Masks Editor (advanced) - YouTube

1 Like

Hello Glutanimate,

I appreciate your effort to create image occlusion. It’s an outstanding tool. Have you thought about implementing the image oclussion function somehow clozet?

full

I think that will be game charger.

I know, that there used to be a closet but now it doesn’t work.

When I look at the code, I think it’s a matter of changing the flashcard template settings so that with one button, the hidden text would be shown to me along with the cards covered (in image occlusion). Unfortunately I have no idea how to do that.

I am having issue with Image occlusion enhanced as I keep getting error message. I am running anki 2.1.56. Can someone please help?

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue to the add-on author.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.56 (07fd88dd) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.3.2 PyQt 6.3.1
Platform: macOS-12.6.3-x86_64-i386-64bit
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-02-19 21:45:01
Add-ons possibly involved: ⁨Image Occlusion Enhanced⁩

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.progress”, line 118, in handler
File “aqt.theme”, line 217, in apply_style_if_system_style_changed
File “aqt.theme”, line 228, in apply_style
File “_aqt.hooks”, line 4678, in call
File “aqt.webview”, line 717, in on_theme_did_change
File “aqt.webview”, line 550, in eval
File “aqt.webview”, line 553, in evalWithCallback
File “aqt.webview”, line 570, in _queueAction
File “/Users/tnadir1/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/editor.py”, line 107, in _maybeRunActions
self._evalWithCallback(*args)
File “aqt.webview”, line 566, in _evalWithCallback
RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of type ImgOccWebView has been deleted

Could you try reinstalling? (You wont lose the cards you made, but backup to make sure)
Image Occlusion Enhanced - AnkiWeb

Alt

Seems like this problem was fixed and merged a while ago

System theme changes can trigger RunTimeError · Issue #251 · glutanimate/image-occlusion-enhanced · GitHub

1 Like

I have done all that. I deleted and then re-installed image occlusion enhanced. I also deleted anki and then re-installed anki too. None of it is fixing my issue. Is there a different add-on code other than the anki-add on link posted?

Just in case someone else stumbles on this issue, I replied with temporary solution here.

A fix will land in the next IOE update.

Hello, thanks for working on this add-on.

After the latest update, if I browse to any Image Occluded card and click on Preview, I am able to see the preview but the Toggle Masks button does not work. Is this a known issue?

I am using Anki 2.1.60.

Hello,

Is there a way to have different IOE note types that will work at the same time? I use image occlusion to learn names of towns on a map and to learn vocabulary with pictures; I can’t use the same template for these two widely different use-cases, because the extra fields do not contain the same kind of information at all.

Thanks

Hi, can someone please let me know why I see two different note types that are similar – I’m not sure –

One is called “Image Occlusion Enhanced” …

The other one is called “Image Occlusion Enhanced-a6410”

Not sure how or why that happened… Can someone please help clarify?
Sorry if it’s a stupid question! >.<

@Mochibunny that’s completely normal, no need to worry. This happens whenever you import notes into Anki and a note type that’s used in the imported deck already exists. That way if you e.g. have customized your own Image Occlusion Enhanced note type, it won’t get overwritten by changes another user applied to their own note type.

Problem description

When editing existing Cards via Image Occlusion Interface in “Browse”. (deleting boxes), the left part of the browse interface is not longer shown and i can not edit or view any card. Closing Anki does not work, Task manager is needed to kill task.

Checklist

Please replace the space inside the brackets with an x if the following items apply:

• [x ] I’ve restarted Anki to see if it helps
  • [x ] I’ve verified that I use the latest version of the add-on by redownloading it from AnkiWeb
  • [ x] I’ve verified that I use the latest version of Anki by checking at
  • [x ] I’ve tried to disable other add-ons to see if there are any interactions present
    (Only one installed)
  • [ x] My issue disappears when I hold shift while starting Anki.
    Add In is needed, so this is pointless
  • [ x] I’ve checked if anyone else reported this problem before by looking through the issue reports. I also checked to see if there is a section about known issues in the add-on description, documentation, or README.

Information about your Anki set-up

Anki 2.1.65 (aa9a734f) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.3 PyQt 6.4.0
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.22621
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-07-08 13:18:44

===Add-ons (active)===
(add-on provided name [Add-on folder, installed at, version, is config changed])
Image Occlusion Enhanced ['1374772155', 2022-04-09T09:15, 'None', '']

===IDs of active AnkiWeb add-ons===

===Add-ons (inactive)===
(add-on provided name [Add-on folder, installed at, version, is config changed])

Error message (if any)

none

Hello ,
Usually, with Anki Web, whether it’s an image card or not, the ‘Show Answer’ button is always visible at the bottom of the browser screen, regardless of the card’s length. However, when using the Image Occlusion Enhanced add-on to create cards, the button appears at the card’s end. This arrangement proves time-consuming and cumbersome, as it requires navigating to the card’s end to click the button and then returning to check the answer. How can this issue be swiftly resolved? I have an upcoming exam! @glutanimate

Is there any was to auto zoom to the masked area of image on anki mobile as it saves a lot of time when dealing with a big image?
I found a quick fix on the forum for desktop but it doesn’t work on anki mobile.

Any fix would be of immense help.
@glutanimate

Hello, receiving an error whenever I try to use the pencil to draw.

No matter if the pencil drawing is in labels or masks, it will not create the card if there is any pencil drawing plus image occlusion boxes. Any help?

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue to the add-on author.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.63 (f356f177) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.5.0 PyQt 6.5.0
Platform: macOS-13.2.1-arm64-arm-64bit
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-08-25 20:30:08
Add-ons possibly involved: ⁨Image Occlusion Enhanced⁩

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.webview”, line 604, in handler
File “/Users/alexhayes/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/add.py”, line 324, in
lambda val, choice=choice, close=close: self._onAddNotesButton(
File “/Users//Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/add.py", line 343, in _onAddNotesButton
r = gen.generateNotes()
File "/Users/
/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/ngen.py”, line 99, in generateNotes
(svg_node, layer_node) = self._getMnodesAndSetIds()
File “/Users/*/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/ngen.py”, line 226, in _getMnodesAndSetIds
mask_doc = minidom.parseString(self.new_svg.encode(“utf-8”))
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘encode’

1 Like