tl;dr I’m sharing my pain of moving notes when using the mobile app. I don’t expect a response or resolution.
I have a workflow (which is probably an anti-pattern) that goes like this.
A top-level deck “Japanese” has a structure like this (trigger warning for heavy tag users):
The deck “Japanese::ref” has something like 100,000 cards, all from shared decks that I have downloaded. I never study from this deck directly. My workflow is to move cards from this deck into one of my other decks as needed. This separation is great for a number of reasons that I won’t go into.
The problem is, the moving of notes from the “ref” deck to other decks is really painful on mobile. It goes like this:
- Come across a new vocab word in my daily life and decide to learn it.
- Click on my “Japanese” parent deck, click “Browse” then search for the new vocab.
- I find the vocab in the “ref” deck, usually in the form of two cards (recall and recognition).
- Click “Select”, then click the two cards, then click “Actions” then click “Change Deck”, then scroll down pass about 50 other decks until I reach the “Japanese::context::[somesubdeck]” that I add the cards to.
This process is obviously quite tedious and it has me concentrating on my phone for quite a while I should be listening to the friend or colleague who I was talking with at the time.