I lost so much cards and i cannot find my muscular deck cards

how can i get this fix?

i clicked upload to ankweb and click download from ankiweb and regardless i still lost my card as per the warning message

i paid $40 and i’m weighing a few cons about anki

additionally, the f&q’s aren’t clear.
i download sqlite3 but it’s not working it’s asking i have to open a different app for it to work??

Are you also using Anki on iPhone ?

Thanks

Thanks for having the time to reply

I have Anki app on my phone and iPad , and a windows app on my desktop

Which device did you use for your most recent studies - iPad or iPhone ?

I am afraid this can‘t be fixed except deciding which device has the most current/important database, uploading this one to AnkiWeb and use it to overwrite the data on other devices. If you have created/imported new content on any of these devices, you can export these notes and import them later after you have downloaded and overwritten the local database.

1 Like

For my most recent was on my mobile phone - that’s when I realised there was something wrong

Then I tried using my iPad and it gave me the same warning message

So I then check my laptop and it was the same warning message

So lost all a few cards afterwards
Especially my muscular anatomy cards. I made 100+ today and the whole deck is gone? Could this be a bug??

When you have lost content, you most likely chose to overwrite some pre-existing content with outdated content from AnkiWeb.

1 Like

I think the issue is more serious than simply doing some previous syncs in the wrong sequence.

The following quote is strange:

Also, the OP gives the impression that the free Anki was working fine, so they paid for the iPhone version.

At some time after that, the whole setup seems to have exploded.

I think more careful analysis is needed before any further damage is done.

Thanks

@nicole_belmonte18:

Why did you download sqlite3 ? Was it in response to a message from Anki ?

Thanks

I think this excellent advice should be appended to the already very lengthy (and very scary) message that usually greets sync problems - and which is quoted in the OP.

Thanks

Is it in fact Anki App or AnkiMobile?

You do not need to use sqlite3.exe. That is mentioned in a section of the manual describing how to recover from corruption, but it doesn’t sound like you have corruption here, and it sounds more like you accidentally overwrote recent changes with an older version of your collection.

Your AnkiWeb collection has a deck that mentions muscles, and you appear to have cards in it both from 3 weeks ago and yesterday. Is it possible you have found or were able to restore the cards you were missing?

The following quote has my bold:

So you’re using Anki on three different devices.

That’s a very productive way to use Anki. But you need to be alert for sync issues.

I use Anki on Windows and iPhone. My memory is no longer trustworthy. So I have a card in each Anki deck, similar to the following:

• Front: What do I need to do at the end of each Anki session?
  • Back: Press “Sync”. Close Anki.

I Pass or Fail that card to ensure that I see it as frequently as I need to see it. That’s once per session.

Refer to the following post to use the “Everything” tool from Voidtools. It will search your complete hard drive in a few seconds. If you have any external drives mounted, it will search those as well:

Decks gone after using new ssd to boot windows and old hdd for storage - Anki Desktop - Anki Forums (ankiweb.net)

Thanks

Hello guys

Thank you for the two of you replying to my forum

I have somehow recovered my cards through the anki back up folder

However, in future i will be follow the prompts in voidtools

Thank you for all the tips :slight_smile: