I have a hard button on my new cards(1.1hr) - beginner

I’ve seen a lot of videos and tutorials where when you learn a card, you have 3 options: Again, Good, Easy. However I have 4 options Again, Good, Easy and hard. I want to return back to “normal”, how can i achieve this?

The fourth button comes with the new scheduler. You can switch back, but I wouldn’t recommend it because the new scheduler comes with a lot of improvements.
Currently, Anki does not provide a way to customise the answer buttons, but of course you can just ignore the ones you don’t want to use.

3 Likes

Doesn’t the documentation get updated as well? For me the guides still write those same 3 buttons

I think they dont update the manual at all since 2.1 anki came out, and each new version of anki has new features that are written in change logs, so i think its common knowlegdge to check those after one has gone through the manual. ( or not and use as is.)

1 Like

It’s mentioned here: The Anki 2.1 scheduler - Frequently Asked Questions
The manual just includes a link to the FAQ.

2 Likes

The manual is outdated in parts but the Hard button is mentioned here: Anki Manual

1 Like

I’ve added update manual to reflect changes in 2.1 scheduler · Issue #1073 · ankitects/anki · GitHub

3 Likes

I think the possibilites to contribute to the manual and the translations could be pointed out more prominently in general. I imagine there are a few people who aren’t coders but capable and happy to contribute.

2 Likes

Where do you suggest it be mentioned?

There could be issues on Github like for support help. In contributing.md and the contributing section of the manual, translating is mentioned, but writing the manual is not.

I’ve added two new issues to GitHub, and the contributing file links to the GitHub issues list

1 Like