I recently updated my Anki installation to the following version:
Version 2.1.61 (0c1eaf4c)
Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.2 PyQt 6.4.0
I’ve found that Anki now behaves a bit differently and I’m looking for workarounds.
- After revealing a card’s answer, I’d like to be able to be able to reset the card to hide the answer again
- Before, I was able to do it by opening the edit window (shortcut E) and closing it again.
- I also used this method to be able to reset my typed answers, which I’m now not able to retype in Anki after getting it wrong.
- The import options now default to the last note type and deck that was selected when manually adding a card.
- It used to default to the deck that was currently active and
- it used to default the note type that was used in the last import
The new behavior now always makes me choose my deck with my mouse, when before I could just navigate into the correct deck on my keyboard with the shortcut / before importing. I like the old behavior much better because I frequently update decks using imports.