Hierarchical Tags 2

Hi,
Another question:
I use “Hierarchical Tags 2”
It works, but all cards are always shown in the parent directory. It works in the subdirectory.
What’s wrong with my Syntaks?
Thanks for your help.!
2020-10-16|333x500

Could you please add more information and explain the error better? I’m not quite sure what problem you are referring to

Also, if your error only involves a specific addon, please use the tag #add-ons and not #anki-desktop

Hello thank you for the answer.
Yes, that’s right, I explained it badly.
I don’t want the cards to appear in the parent directory, i.e. 0200_ARTIKEL here, but ONLY in the subdirectories. So I have in the subdirectory 0210_specific article 3 cards and 0220_indefinite article 1 card. And all cards, i.e. 4 cards in the parent directory 0200_Artikel. This directory should be empty. I think it’s not a bug, it’s system-related. Thanks again for help. The syntay of my tags are okay?

You made screenshots after clicking on the sub tags. But did I understand you correctly that your concern is what happens after clicking on the parent tag?
In that case, the add-on will type the search expression ("tag:0200_ARTIKEL" or "tag:0200_ARTIKEL::*") for you. This will deliver notes with the parent tag or any of the sub tags.
If you are only interested in notes with the parent tag, you can simply search for "tag:0200_ARTIKEL".
There is no such thing as directories. To Anki, tags are just strings without white space in them. The add-on only provides some convenient ways to organise your tags and filter by them, using :: as a pseudo seperator for different levels.

1 Like

Thanks for you help.
Sorry my english and engl. from google :slight_smile: is so bad.
I mean, quite simply, when I click 0200_Artikel, no cards should be displayed because everything is organized in the other two directories (tags).

This is basically just @Rumo 's explanation in German:

Anki selber hat keine Funktionalität für diese hierarchical tags. Dementsprechend muss das Add-On sich an die Gepflogenheiten von Anki anpassen. Der Add-on-Author fand es nützlicher, dass man auch die Karten in den “Subtags” sehen kann, wenn man auf ein Tag höherer Hierarchie klickt. Um diese Funktionalität zu ermöglichen wird beim Drücken von “Elterntag” folgende Suche ausgelöst:

"tag:Elterntag" or "tag:Elterntag::*"

Dadurch werden sowohl alle Karten mit nur “Elterntag” (tag:Elterntag), als auch alle untergeordneten Karten angezeigt (durch das or "tag:Elterntag::*"). Es gibt keine Möglichkeit, dieses Standardverhalten des Add-Ons umzuändern. Es ist jedoch sehr einfach, die Suche zu modifizieren. Löschen Sie dazu einfach alles ab und inklusive dem “or”.

In Ihrem konkreten Fall wäre dann die Suche "tag:0200_ARTIKEL".

2 Likes

Danke.
So etwas habe ich mir gedacht:
Aber was mich jetzt stutzig macht, meine Syntax ist z.b. “0200_ARTIKEL::0210_bestimmte_Artikel” und beinhaltet kein “or”. Ist meine Syntax falsch?

Da dieses Tag keine weiteren Subtags enthält, nein.

Diese Suche mit dem “Or” wird nur ausgelöst wenn es sich sozusagen um ein Elterntag hält und sorgt dann dafür, dass explizit nach Karten gesucht wird, die entweder das Elterntag enthalten ("tag:Elterntag") oder (mathematisches/logisches or) ein Kind des Elterntags sind ("tag:Elterntag::*").

Sie könnten natürlich auch nach “tag:0200_ARTIKEL::0210_bestimmte_Artikel” or “tag:0200_ARTIKEL::0210_bestimmte_Artikel::*” suchen, würden dadurch aber logischerweise die gleichen Suchergebnisse bekommen. Es gibt nämlich keine Karten, die das Kriterium "tag:0200_ARTIKEL::0210_bestimmte_Artikel::*" enthalten.

Vielleicht hilft Ihnen das Manual von Anki weiter:

(English: https://docs.ankiweb.net/#/searching)

2 Likes