Front template has a problem: Found '⁨{{Audio: French}}⁩', but there is no field called '⁨ French⁩'

I stopped using Anki for some time. Now, after updating the app to the latest version, I want to resume using Anki but I am finding different variants of this error in one of my decks.

I have read the “More information” link and also several similar issues in Anki Forums but it doesn’t seem to be a problem with the capitalization of my fields names or a space at the end of the fields names. Could the issue be related with the way the latest versions of the Anki Desktop App for Mac deal with two dots (“:”) included in the field names?

‘:’ is a special character in Anki, so it gets confused when it’s used in a field name. With a problem card shown in the review screen, please open the debug console and run the following, which will rename the fields. You’ll then need to open the screen in your screenshot, and remove the colon from each front and back template and save the changes.

nt = mw.col.models.get(card().note().mid)
for fld in nt['flds']:
  fld['name'] = fld['name'].replace(":", "")
mw.col.models.update(nt, skip_checks=True)

https://docs.ankiweb.net/misc.html#debug-console

I’ve logged the issue on Need to handle old collections with colon in field names · Issue #2605 · ankitects/anki · GitHub

Thanks for the fast response.

Your instructions fixed my issue. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.