First few cards in a deck are LOST

I made a few cards in a deck, and then, because I am new, I stopped adding and checked that the cards were fine. They were. Then I resumed adding cards to the deck. When I finished, the first few cards were gone. How can I find them?

It’s difficult to figure out what the problem could be without more details (what do you mean exactly when you say that the cards “are gone”?), but you should see all your cards thorough the browser.

1 Like

Do you have more than one deck in Anki? It’s possible that the new cards defaulted to being saved in a different deck. I occasionally have that problem when I forget to choose the deck when adding a card.

1. In the main Anki window, click on Browse at the top. The Browse window will open.
  2. On the left sidebar of the Browse window, click on Decks. See picture below. This will show all of the cards saved in Anki.

BrowseDeckHighlight

Do you see the cards now?

1 Like

This may also explain it: Anki's not showing me all my cards! - Frequently Asked Questions

1 Like

Thanks. I see all 19 cards in the correct deck, BUT only 9 of them show up when I open the deck to study.

The link on Dae’s post explain why that happens.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Thank you very much!

I appreciate your kind help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.