Error when syncing from desktop

Every time I sync from the Desktop application, I get the error
Your decks here and on AnkiWeb differ in such a way ...
Neither uploading from the Desktop to AnkiWeb and downloading to my phone afterwards nor uploading from my phone to AnkiWeb and downloading to my desktop afterwards has made the error disappear.
Strangely, syncing from my phone works flawlessly.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(I am using Anki (v 2.1.15) on Ubuntu 22.04 and AnkiDroid (v 2.16.5) on Android 13).

That’s a very old version, try updating it.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, that did it!
My mistake was to assume that the version installed via apt-get install was roughly up-to-date.

1 Like

Does somebody know if there is another option before updating my software?

Because I have an important add-on which won’t work if I update it.

I’m between a rock and a hard place right now.

If you can’t live without the add-on and the author isn’t updating it, you may be able to pay to get it updated: abd_nh | Profile | Fiverr

1 Like

I’m in a similar position to @LeRocket

I only use anki desktop and I’m having this issue on one user profile but not the other.

I’ve tried downloading to desktop then uploading but I still get the message with every sync

There must be a fix that doesn’t involve updating anki as I only just started getting this issue randomly a few days ago and as I said only 1 profile has this issue

I’m afraid unless your issue occurs in the latest Anki version, I will not be able to look into it.

Opening the profile with a newer version of anki (I used v2.1.49) then syncing (upload) before downgrading back to the old version fixes the issue!

I’m on Debian testing (trixie), having this issue since yesterday. I’m having anki 2.1.15+dfsg-3, that’s the same version than in Debian sid.

Thanks for the link. I’d have no problem paying for an add-on.

And I want to take this opportunity to thank you for creating this incredible application, who did so much for me. Thank you very much.

1 Like

This is great. Do you know if one can have two versions of Anki (on Windows) installed at the same time by any chance?

Yes, you can install Anki in two different folders.

Well that would solve my problem, since I only need the add-on I was talking about once every 2 or 3 months! (It’s a add-on who shifts by a percentage the delay of the cards you select)

Thank you again :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.