Error when opening deck options

I’m running Fedora 35 and installed Anki 2.1.15 from the Fedora repository.

After clicking the gear icon to the right of any deck, and then clicking “Options” from the dropdown menu, I get this error:

Error
An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem.
If problems persist, please report the problem on our support site. Please copy and paste the information below into your report.
Anki 2.1.15 (442df9d6) Python 3.10.2 Qt 5.15.2 PyQt 5.15.6
Platform: Linux
Flags: frz=False ao=False sv=2

Caught exception:
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckbrowser.py”, line 213, in
a.triggered.connect(lambda b, did=did: self._options(did))
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckbrowser.py”, line 242, in _options
self.mw.onDeckConf()
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/main.py”, line 868, in onDeckConf
aqt.deckconf.DeckConf(self, deck)
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 25, in init
self.setupConfs()
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 49, in setupConfs
self.loadConfs()
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 66, in loadConfs
self.onConfChange(startOn)
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 89, in onConfChange
self.loadConf()
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 175, in loadConf
f.lrnFactor.setValue(c[‘initialFactor’]/10.0)
<class ‘TypeError’>: setValue(self, int): argument 1 has unexpected type ‘float’

Can anyone offer suggestions about how to fix this issue?

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. It makes sense. Anki has a small team and can’t cater to every niche user. I appreciate what Damien does and his hands are probably full with higher priorities. Plus, it’s really the responsibility of the distro repo maintainers to sort this one out.

1 Like

Having the same trouble on Ubuntu20.04, with versions Anki 2.1.15 (442df9d6) Python 3.10.6 Qt 5.15.3 PyQt 5.15.6
NB : I started Anki without any addons activated via the MAJ key.
Platform: Linux Flags: frz=False ao=True sv=1

I saw that others have the same issue (for example unable-to-open-shift-deck-options-to-find-settings-for-speedfocus-add-on 22773, who has this config Anki 2.1.49 (66689c91) Python 3.10.5 Qt 5.15.4 PyQt 5.15.7)

I suspect the problem is caused by python3.10, as it appeared when I switched from Ubuntu20.04 to Ubuntu22.04, and all the people reporting this issue have python3.10 (but different versions of Qt5 and Anki).