Anki Forums

Editor: apply font color, background color, custom class, custom style [Official thread]

If you have a problem with the add-on editor: apply font color, background color, custom class, custom style post in this thread. This way I get notified. If you make a new thread I will likely miss it.

Hi, I don’t know if it is possible but I wanted to change the background color of my cards.
In the same deck, I want some cards in blue, another ones in orange and last ones in green, in order to distinguish them at first sight.
My problem is that every time I change the color, it changes in all the cards that are the same type (I just want to change the specific card I´m edditing)

This has nothing to do with my add-on which is meant for highlighting small sections of one card.

There are multiple solutions.

You could use different note types. E.g. clone your existing note type twice and then adjust the .card property in the styling section of the card template dialog.

There are also more sophisticated approaches. Like adding an additional field to your note and then applying css based on the content of this field. This is often used when learning languages with different genders so that e.g. for German people use three colors for their vocabulary cards. Search the old forum and the anki subreddit about this. There are good solutions.

Check out the this article Changing the background. I think this would solve your problem.

If you don’t understand this: To get started with card styling etc watch the third video “styling cards” that is linked from the top of the manual, https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html Then maybe have a look at Anki: Customizing Card Style (font, color, hints, etc)

4 Likes

I´m sorry my question had nothing to do with your add-on :grimacing: :grimacing:

Thank you so much