Editor: apply font color, background color, custom class, custom style [Official thread]

Awesome! it works! Thanks!

Fixed!! Thanks very much! xx

There probably got another error.
On my study page it shows

and the more information links to the page below

Everytime when I add a card, a window pop up

and I have to press yes, otherwise I can’t add the card.

Can you help again?
Thanks very much
Wei

This error is not related to this add-on. This means that you have a Cloze 1 card without a fitting cloze.

1. Open the editor for this card. Look if there’s a section with {{c1:: anywhere.
  2. If there is not just use Tools > Empty Cards, like the dialog tells you to.
  3. If there is, maybe delete it and type it again.
1 Like

Hi. Great add-on: Does a really good job and I like the range of options.

When using the Active Entries tab of the Change Options dialogue, would like to request ability to sort and/or search entries.

Keep up the good work.

@Monkey I agree, those are both features which would be really helpful.
I think sorting entries is very likely to be in one of the next updates, searching I will see, because I’m not quite sure how to implement it yet.

1 Like

[SUGGESTION] Hello!, can you include the style editing tool, directly in the card review? Complementing the add-on “Edit field during review” (https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1020366288).

Thanks for the add-on, it’s fantastic!

[sorry for writing, I don’t speak english]

1 Like

It is a cool idea, but there’s just so many tricky parts with editing in the reviewer, that I won’t look into it anytime soon. There’s too many other things I’d rather implement in the add-on.

If you up for trying something else, you can look into Persistent Editor, which won’t let you edit in the reviewer, but rather keeps the Editor window open and go along with the reviews, which means you don’t have to continually open and close it (there’s a gif demonstrating it). As you’re still using the editor, you can also the shortcuts in this case. (Disclaimer: I am the author of this add-on as well)

1 Like

how can I take back a change in this add ons. I couldn’t do it. When I was highlight my text on macbook, I can’t take this changes back. I try to remove formatting button (Fx) and Clear more formatting button but it is not working

@hazarfenmrt Sometimes you have to select text a little bit wider than where the formatting is. Besides that, you can use HTML editing (Ctrl-Shift-X) to get rid of it.

@hengiesel It’s worked thanks

@hengiesel can I ask one last question. Is there a shortcut for ‘clear all formatting’ button on mac?

Go into “Tools > Custom Styles options… > General config”, and there you see “Remove formatting key”. You can see what you have set it too, and you can also set it to another keyboard shortcut, if you want to.

I updated and lost a couple of colour buttons that I had set up. I restored from a backup, but they’re still missing. I guess there must be a problem with my backup.

If I recreate the buttons using the interface it inserts a span element with a class attribute. The way I had it set up previously (I can’t remember how I did it) it was inserting a font tag. Is there anyway I can set up buttons with a font tag again? Thanks.

I use Anki for medschool with several addons, I cam across your addon but after installing it, it gave me the following error. I have refrained from using your addon but want to eagerly do so. Please help with this conflict. Thank you and much kudos to your amazing efforts

Just installed and inline styling doesn’t seem to be working. I can create a class with the same styling and that works just fine - it’s just the inline that isn’t working. I updated to Anki Version ⁨2.1.43 (0fbae6bc)⁩, so maybe that’s the issue? Here is a screenshot of the styling:

What do you mean by:

it’s just the inline that isn’t working

?

It doesn’t apply any styling. It actually shows the applied styling in the drop-down menu, but when I click on the option in the menu or on the button to apply the style, it doesn’t do anything. I checked the HTML code after clicking the button or the option from the menu, and no html tags or attributes are applied.

HUUUUGE B:U:G! :grinning:

In defaultconfig.py, in the object for small_and_narrow (80% font size and line-height) the value for “extrabutton_tooltip” (line 163) is “red box”, likely due to a paste that was not fully edited. This is reflected in the corresponding row the user sees in the config dialog.

Issue with the text wrapping function—

If I have this HTML in a field:
Line1 first line right here<br>second line line2 in this spot<br>Here's the third line number 3<br>

and then I apply text-wrapping with the first two lines selected, i.e., from the start of the field through the second <br>, I get:
<div style="line-height:1em">Line1 first line right here<br></div>second line line2 in this spotHere's the third line number 3<br><br>

The problem is that the “after” text, </div>, is inserted after the first <br> instead of after the second, and the second is deleted so that the what were the second and third lines become the second and last line.

I can get what I want using the class in div function, so this is not a big issue for me.