Converting Physical Notes to Anki Flashcards?

So, I have physical notes which I make during my classes, something like this:

I want to know the best way I can convert them to image occlusion notes. Creating a single image out of all of them would be ridiculous since they last about 20 pages, and due to the present way image occlusion works, would be inefficient.
I want to be able to attach these to a group you could say, so that everytime I revise them, they show up in the same order as I create/mark them. Also, is there anyway to sequentially unhide in Image Occlusion Enhanced? Like first mask 1, then mask 2, then mask 3… in the same card?

I would strongly recommend, for several reasons, against simply taking pictures of your notes and putting them in Anki. Instead, you should create note by typing.
Among other, here are the first reasons that come to my mind:

• Each card should be well-though to maximize to chances for you to remember its content. It is usually not possible to write notes so that they would make greate cards.
    • having the minimum content possible
    • having the shortest wording possible
    • having a well-defined content (each card is exactly one idea)
  • Each card should be easy to modify in case you realize it could be improved. Tuning your collection as you learn material is crucial if you want to get the most out of Anki.
  • Image Occlusion is a great add-on, but it is often abused IMO, because a misuse can lead to the illusion you are learning stuff, but it turns out that when asked to recite it you’re unable. This is because when you have a big image with a lot of stuff, and you hide only a small part, you are giving context that your brain will rely on to memorize the content, content that you will not have “in real life”.
1 Like

@BlackBeans, it would be counterproductive for me to manually type everything. I also need to usually assist my formulae with the diagram corresponding to it, since I am using Anki for revision for subjects like Maths and Physics too, rather than just memorising. And hence I wish to figure out a way to convert my notes. If later I find it to not be helpful, I will accordingly switch over.

I can understand this point. In the short term, it’s clear that it can be a real burden. In the long run, on the other hand, it’s not a big overhead.

I also use Anki for Math and Physics a lot, and I add diagrams to my notes too. Most of the time, however, I don’t even need to scan or draw my own, as we usually work on “standard” diagram so a quick google lookup is enough to find (usually on wikipedia) good quality diagrams that match my needs. When I don’t, I usually re-draw them with an appropriate software (geogebra for geometric drawing, QElectroTech for circuit drawing, LaTeX for almost anything else) [they are all free and OS agnostic, and there are other solutions].

It’s clear that in the short term this seems a huge overhead, and, in the end, it’s up to you, but in the long run you’re going to become more efficient in this conversion procedure (I have even started taking notes accordingly during lessons, so it’s easier to convert them afterwards…) and, of course, you’re going to improve the quality of the memorization, while making it faster.