Change Note Type getting stuck in 2.1.43

UI hangs after opening the progress window when changing the type of a note. I then need to kill Anki to close it.
I’m running 57a05a2a from source.

Console output:

INFO: Build completed successfully, 1 total action
/home/zjosua/.cache/bazel/_bazel_zjosua/1c79c7ac51bf6692c8fc3f9a9a4ef48a/execroot/net_ankiweb_anki/bazel-out/k8-fastbuild/bin/qt/runanki.runfiles/net_ankiweb_anki/qt/aqt/webview.py:601: DeprecationWarning: an integer is required (got type float).  Implicit conversion to integers using __int__ is deprecated, and may be removed in a future version of Python.
  self.setFixedHeight(qvar)
begin: None
ended, undo steps count now 0
begin: Some(UpdateDeck)
ended, undo steps count now 1

Newest release is 2.1.42, where did you get 2.1.43?

@zjosua are you able to reproduce it with this branch? Experimental changes to resetting by dae · Pull Request #1072 · ankitects/anki · GitHub

@zhushenli .43 is still in development and hasn’t been released yet

1 Like

Yes, it’s the same behaviour with 6bbd1e615.
Console:

begin: Some(UpdateNote)
no undo changes, discarding step
ended, undo steps count now 0
op changes:
kind: UPDATE_NOTE

Are you testing without add-ons? I can’t seem to trigger it, changing the note type of 1 or thousands of notes at once.

There’s no difference in the behaviour between add-ons enabled vs disabled.

Happens with a brand new profile library? Happens even after a Check Database?

No and yes.

I still don’t seem to be able to reproduce this with the latest git - I can click on and select a different note type from the list without problems, and clicking OK does not get stuck either. You say it doesn’t happen in a new profile? Is there some pattern to the material or steps you’re taking that triggers it?

For some reason it works now. Maybe another database check did the trick.
I am using the main branch again at afc2892f.