Cards missing in decks

Why all of sudden the cards I added to deck disappeared. I can’t find no way to bring them back even when I shake my phone. I wasn’t having this issue before it would just repeatedly cycle through the cards I had in a deck not it just completely disappears. I need help for how to recover them and bring them back

Is your question about AnkiMobile, this iOS app?

Anki isn’t designed to show you all of your cards on repeat. But the cards aren’t missing, you’ll see them again when it is time to study them again. Anki's not showing me all my cards! - Frequently Asked Questions

That doesn’t make any sense. I always had my cards in repeat before. Are you saying there’s no way to change this. I should be able dictate my time when I want to use the cards.
I didnt pay for this app for it control when I can utilize it. What if I need to edit a cards in a deck for typo error I can’t fix it if the cards don’t even show

I’m happy to help you figure out how to work with the app, but I’m still trying to confirm you’re using the right one. If the behavior you’ve always had before is that it would “repeatedly cycle through the cards I had in a deck” – and you didn’t do anything specific to set it up that way – then I’m not sure it’s the correct app. Can you post a screenshot of it?

I’m using the iOS app. I don’t understand the math equation below but I just don’t it set to remove cards after I use them

Yes, that is AnkiMobile.

That is telling you that – based on your settings – there will be 3 more New cards introduced today – you have 2 cards in the Learn/Relearn stage that are due to be studied – and you have 8 cards in the Review stage that are due to be studied. This is all coveredn in the main manual – Studying - Anki Manual – and it is the same for AnkiMobile as it is for Anki Desktop.

There’s a couple ways we can go from here –

• Folks that help around here can ask a lot of questions to figure out what you saw before that made you think you were being repeatedly cycled through your cards (because that’s not a default Anki behavior).
    OR
  • You can just tell us what you think you’d like to see happen, and someone can help you figure out if there’s a way to do that or not.

Which direction would you like to head?

[Keep in mind – since most of us understand the value of spaced repetition (see link I posted earlier, and this one) – at least some of the time we’ll be encouraging you to see the value in it as well.]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.