Card text dark gray, illegible, on iPhone

This text is so dark I can barely read it. Most cards look this way. Every now and then a card has one (1) word in bright white, and occasionally a card display perfectly with white on black.

A fellow student suggests the problem might be a transparent overlay being displayed. Maybe there’s a way to resize or disable such an overlay.
Also I could work around it if I could figure out how to change the default text color (for all cards, not just the current card) to a strong color such as red.

Including screen shot from iPhone and also an example from Windows PC where there are no legibility problems.

2021-11-14_9-22-17

Check out this section in the wiki, this covers how to change the textcolor using the PC anki version

You can change the color of text depending on whether nightMode is enabled or not with .nightMode
Take a look at this wiki entry out to see how to do that

It also looks like you have nightMode enable on your iphone, try disabling that.

1 Like

Thanks. I found Night Mode under main screen >(Gear button)Preferences>Themes and disabled it. Much better!

I found Night Mode under main screen >(Gear button)Preferences>Themes and disabled it.

Good job! Make sure to mark your own reply as the solution ;‍)