Batch change fonts [Official Support Thread]

If you have a problem with the add-on batch change fonts post in this thread. This way I get notified. If you make a new thread I will likely miss it.

1 Like

Thanks for the addon, is quite useful!

Would it be possible to select which fields we would like to batch reformat?

I have an excessive amount of fields with different requirements, so even though this addon speeds things up quite a bit, I still have to manually change about 12 fields one by one.

If there were an option to select multiple ones but not all it’d be amazing.

This would be a useful addition.

But Anki plans to replace the fields dialog so that my add-on will stop working next year. So when I have more time to work on this add-on in a few months this will likely be futile.

my add-on already has this: batch change fonts for all fields for all notes (from main window) but that’s probably too general for you.

Yeah, I have like 100 fields due to the way some addons I have work, so what I meant is that after replacing everything I still have to go back to edit a bunch of them, since some I didn’t want to change ended up being changed, haha.

Totally understandable to not want to work on something that will lose support so soon though. Specially since it’s probably not something simple to implement.

Thanks for replying regardless!

Once we pick up work on the fields dialog again, I’ll promote batch editing as much as I can. It’s something I’m struggling with myself from time to time because my main notetype has an immense amount of fields. To apply changes, I usually export the notetype to JSON with CrowdAnki and then use RegEx on that document, then reimport (never learned SQL unfortunately, and I’m too lazy to write scripts for things that can be done with find & replace :D).

Batch editing isn’t that hard to implement and although it may only be used by a small set of people, it’s a pain when it’s not available.

1 Like