Basic HTML mode for editor

The editor seems to add a lot of extra markup when copying and pasting. It would be nice to have a basic html mode that only used

<p></p> for paragraphs, and <b>,<u>, and <i> for formatting and </br> for extra line breaks like it was poetry.

Let CSS from the template do the rest.

For example, in AnkiMobile, if I have the following in a field in markup view </>:

<p>
This is the first paragraph.
</p>
<p>
This is the second paragraph. Cut and paste this sentence.
</p>

In AnkiMobile, if I switch to wysiwyg view. Highlight the last sentence. Cut it. Paste it in the exact same place. Then switch back to markup view, this is what I see:

<p>
This is the first paragraph. 
</p>
<p>
This is the second paragraph.<span style="color: var(--field-fg); font-family: -apple-system-body; background: var(--field-bg);">&nbsp;</span><span style="color: var(--field-fg); font-family: -apple-system-body; background: var(--field-bg);">Cut and paste this sentence.</span></p>

And if I copy and paste something with line breaks it adds a bunch of div’s.

I would love a simple mode toggle in the editor settings that doesn’t go crazy with the markup.

I think this comment belongs to the AnkiMobile section and not this one.

That styling is not supposed to be included, and looking into this is on the todo list.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.