Arabic text transposed

Yesterday I added a sentence to my Anki Arabic flashcards. As shown correctly on the Browse card in the attached screen print, the sentence begins (Arabic is read right to left) with سكنوا, but as shown in the preview screen, this word was moved to the end of the sentence. I have entered hundreds of Arabic sentences in Anki and this is the first time I’ve seen this result. I tried substituting other words for سكنوا, and the sentences were correct. I can live with one instance out of hundreds, but can anyone explain how this happened and how it might be avoided?

This could be relevant:

Did this start to happen after updating or something?

1 Like

Thank you! I added the rtl; in the styling section and this fixed the problem. It’s strange than with more than 2000 Arabic flashcards (though most are single words and not sentences as in this case), this is the first one to have a portion of the text transposed.

This is mostly because you have text with mixed directionality (i.e. left-to-right and right-to-left) in the same sentence in this card. Adjacent characters can affect each another in confusing ways sometimes.

1 Like

Hi! I am having a similar issue (even with rtl toggled). When I toggled RTL, it looks correct in the edit but the final card still transposes the words :frowning: Any other ideas on a fix?

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 12.33.31 PM|323x500

Did you adjust your template?

https://docs.ankiweb.net/templates/styling.html#text-direction