Ankidroid trims the first few moments of audio when playing it

Hello,

For a few months (maybe even years, I’m not sure) now, I’ve been having issues with Ankidroid playing audio recordings at the back of cards automatically but not from the very beginnig. The recording actually becomes audible about one second into the sentence, which means I generally don’t hear the first few words.
If I play the recording again by manually tapping the arrow, the entire audio is played just fine. So the problem really seems to be with the automated start.

Is this something that other users have noticed? I don’t have this issue on the Desktop version, it’s only on my phone.

Thanks!

1 Like

Are you using Bluetooth headphones? Does the same issue occur when using the phone speakers?

1 Like

Yes David, you’re completely right. I hadn’t realized it before, but it happens when using my Bluetooth headphones, i.e. most of the time since I study during my commutes. I’ve just tried it at home with the phone speakers and I don’t have the same issue.
Is there anything that could be done?
Thanks.

1 Like

We don’t have much capacity right now. Volunteer project and all

Try: insert a silence.mp3 into the card template. You may need to use subtle white noise, rather than pure silence in case the headphones don’t wake on silence being played

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.