Anki Won't Close after Error Message Pops up

Hello. I am having trouble closing Anki after getting an error message. The error message pops up whenever I try to close the “Edit Current” page or do anything else. Since I can’t close Anki, I am unable to stop the add-ons from running to trouble-shoot like the error message suggests. I do think part of the problem was that when editing a current card I deleted all the content rather than going to browse and deleting the card that way. I am new to Anki so would greatly appreciate any assistance. I have copied the error message below:

Error

An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.

If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.

When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-on support site.

Debug info:

Anki 2.1.26 (70784154) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.1 PyQt 5.14.1

Platform: Windows 10

Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2

Add-ons, last update check: 2020-08-10 18:17:30

Caught exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “C:\Users\katie\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\864545277\browser.py”, line 102, in kloseBrowser

self.close()

RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of type AwBrowser has been deleted

It seems to be caused by this add-on.

Close Anki from Task Manager and run it again while holding the shift key.

2 Likes

when for any reason you can’t close anki (or any other app) you can simply right click on taskbar and select task manager, and then end the task.

1 Like