Hi all - I am unable to open Anki on my 2018 MacBook Pro. The OS is Sonoma 14.0, and the processor is a 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7.
When I try to open Anki, its icon bounces up and down on the Doc for 1-2 minutes, then stops doing so. When I click and hold the icon, it says “Application Not Responding,” after which I have no choice but to Force Quit.
The issue seems similar to ones described in several previous posts. I’ve tried a number of the suggestions I saw there, including:
- Holding down the shift button while opening Anki (to disable add-ons and automatic syncing) → no difference
- From the Applications folder, right-clicking Anki and selecting “Open” (rather than double-clicking) → no difference
- Opening via Terminal using /Applications/Anki.app/Contents/MacOS/Anki → no error message; Terminal remains blank after 10 minutes
- Restarting my computer → no difference
- Updating my iOS (was previously having this issue with Catalina; hence tried updating to Sonoma) → no difference
- Installing multiple versions, including the following (for each of these, I’ve tried opening from both the Applications folder and from Terminal):
Feeling at a loss and would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance.