Anki web can't add photo to the deck, it only add urls. Is it possible to improve that?

Anki web can’t add photo to the deck, it only add urls.
Is it possible to improve that?

Maybe one day, but for now, media files need to be added with the computer version of Anki.

The fact that you can drag and drop photos and see them on your browser is really a bad feedback. It makes you feel it works. Then you finished with 20 empty card.

I agree, and there’s already a check on AnkiWeb that tries to prevent this. Are you adding the images via the Add screen, or to existing cards? Checking the latter is more complicated, as existing cards may already contain images.

From the add screen. I drag a photo from another website (like Facebook) witch is open in another browser window.

The check was ignoring remote image links. They may sometimes work, but I think it’s better if they’re always blocked in the future.

I agree or if it’s going to add the url in the field in the end. It should display the url not the image.

Ok, it should correctly show an error when any images are included in the add screen now.

You are the best. I’m testing Monday to confirm :slight_smile:

Sorry, images can not be added via AnkiWeb. Please use the computer version or a mobile client.

Perfect, problem fix