Anki Startup Error on Linux Virtual Machine

Hello All,

[PROBLEM] I receive the following error whenever I startup Anki in the terminal window. Anki will usually still open and run, but it still can become frustratingly unresponsive quite a bit (enough to warrant a post). Additionally, every now and then the program will become unresponsive. I have restarted my computer many times, deleted and redownloaded Anki, and I still have this issue. This error is generated with both the Anki 2.12.26 & 2.12.22 versions. Googling the problem has not been helpful either. Please help me learn what this means in plain speech.

[ERROR] Gtk-Message: 18:16:07.194: Failed to load module “atk-bridge”
mpv not found, reverting to mplayer

[SPECS] I am using a Chromebook with a native Linux virtual machine. Specifically, I am using the Google Pixelbook’s Crostini distribution. I have tried using both Anki 2.12.26 and Anki 2.12.22 and have the same issue.

[CLOSING] If someone could explain to me like I’m 5, what this error is and how to fix it, much appreciated.

atk-bridge is about accessibility; I don’t it’s of any relevance here. If anything, I guess the lack of that module would make it faster.

mpv not found, reverting to mplayer: mpv and mplayer are multimedia players. mpv is newer.

Yes, those messages are probably unrelated to issues you are having and likely can be ignored. No experience with Chromebooks I’m afraid; perhaps someone else has some suggestions for you.