Anki on Mac keeps crashing as soon as I click anything in Browse

UPDATE: Fixed because I installed Anki Version ⁨2.1.62 (77dd1dc1)⁩, and then went into Preferences > Reset Window Sizes.

Anki seems to keep crashing as soon as I do -anything- in Browse. Clicking another card, attempting to search something, anything will get Anki to immediately close. I have tried closing Anki, my computer etc., checking the database, updating everything - the problem persists.

Interestingly, with shift + opening Anki, I have slightly more time on Browse, before it crashes. I tried to adjust the sidebar width, and it immediately crashed :frowning:

I updated my Mac yesterday so I think it’s probably an Apple bug, but thought I’d post here in case there’s an obvious fix.

Anki: Version ⁨2.1.60 (76d88073)⁩
Mac: 13.3.1 (a) (22E772610a)

I should have reinstalled Anki before posting in the forum, apologies for the spam. Thought I’d leave this post here though in case it helps other plebs like me haha. Basically, please follow the forum instructions (which I obviously hadn’t).

In conclusion: re-install latest version (Version ⁨2.1.62 (77dd1dc1)), then go Preferences > Reset Window Sizes.

You have to do the “Reset Window Sizes” step, otherwise Browse will still malfunction and crash.

Voila, all fixed. Apologies again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.