Anki.Help.Linux

I tried putting sudo ./install.sh but it says that install.sh is not valid. Help?

did you open the terminal inside of the anki file?
otherwise, “will appear bash: ./install.sh: No such file or directory”

Assuming that you’re trying to run install.sh to install Anki, why don’t you try installing Anki with pip? It’s the easiest way I’ve found so far, and it can install the latest version regardless of what distro you’re running.

$ pip3 install aqt
$ anki

That’s it.

thankiu
edit:this error appear:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/lportillo/.local/bin/anki”, line 5, in
from aqt import run
File “/home/lportillo/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aqt/init.py”, line 15, in
import anki.lang
File “/home/lportillo/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/anki/lang.py”, line 12, in
import anki._backend
File “/home/lportillo/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/anki/_backend/init.py”, line 15, in
from anki import backend_pb2, i18n_pb2
File “/home/lportillo/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/anki/backend_pb2.py”, line 22, in
create_key=_descriptor._internal_create_key,
AttributeError: module ‘google.protobuf.descriptor’ has no attribute ‘_internal_create_key’

yeah
thats exactly my problem

You can use “sudo sh install.sh”

On recent Ubuntu (Pop os, mint, zorin os, elementary os…) installations, please use ‘sudo apt install libxcb-xinerama0’ before installing

Once downloaded, the following commands in a terminal window will install Anki system-wide. The $ is the prompt character, and shouldn’t be typed in. Make sure what you’re entering in matches the file you downloaded.

About Pre-built Python wheels
$ python3.8 -m venv ~/pyenv
$ ~/pyenv/bin/pip install --upgrade pip
$ ~/pyenv/bin/pip install aqt

Then to run Anki:
$ ~/pyenv/bin/anki

That error can be resolved with ‘pip install --upgrade protobuf’, or installing a newer version from your distro.