Anki card format editor will not load for this card type after adding certain code

I have a deck for which I use hint fields. I didn’t know how to get the fields to display with a custom label so I copied someone’s example online and added it to my card formatting. That all worked fine.

Afterward I needed to tweak it a bit, but when I tried to get into the card editor, it froze. I restarted the computer and the problem persisted, though it loaded a little further than before.

I can edit the card on Ankidroid, in case I need to remove something, but the cards are working the way I want them to, so I’m a bit loathe to remove the code that I have now added.

After reinstalling Anki the problem goes away initially, but returns as soon as I try editing the card format. Interestingly the “About” window in “Help” won’t load either.

FRONT TEMPLATE

<div id=“audio” style=“display: none;”>{{Audio}}</div>
<button onclick=“playAudio()”>REPLAY</button>

<script>
function playAudio(){
var audioDiv = document.getElementById(‘audio’);
var audio = audioDiv.getElementsByTagName(“*”);
audio[0].click();
}

</br>

{{#ImagePrompt}}
{{ImagePrompt}}
{{/ImagePrompt}}

</br>

<a onclick=“this.style.display=‘none’;document.getElementById(‘myDefinition’).style.display=‘inline-block’;return false;” style=“display: inline-block; cursor: pointer;”>
<div class=hint>Show Definition</div>
</a>
<div id=“myDefinition” style=“display: none;”>{{Definition}}</div>

<div>
<div style=“text-align: left; font-size: 12px; color: silver”>Type what you hear…</div>
{{type:Word}}
</div>

BACK TEMPLATE

{{ImageFeedback}}

<br>

{{FrontSide}}

{{#Word Alternatives}} <div class=“alts”>{{Word Alternatives}}</div>
{{/Word Alternatives}}

<hr id=“answer” />

{{Definition}}

{{#Definition Alternatives}}<div class=“alts”>{{Definition Alternatives}}</div>
{{/Definition Alternatives}}

{{#Pronunciation}}<br />({{Pronunciation}})</span>
{{/Pronunciation}}

{{#Part of Speech}}<br />({{Part of Speech}})</span>
{{/Part of Speech}}

{{#Gender}}<br />({{Gender}})</span>
{{/Gender}}

STYLING
(I can’t get to this info because the screen keeps freezing, please let me know if it is needed and I will find a way to get it)

DEBUG INFO

Anki 2.1.65 (aa9a734f) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.3 PyQt 6.4.0
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.19045
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-06-13 13:19:19

===Add-ons (active)===
(add-on provided name [Add-on folder, installed at, version, is config changed])

===IDs of active AnkiWeb add-ons===

===Add-ons (inactive)===
(add-on provided name [Add-on folder, installed at, version, is config changed])

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.