Anki as a knowledge base (with a "massive cloze note")

I’ve been using Massive Cloze since it was released, and it improved my Anki use a lot. Thanks!!
I’m having 2 problems, though:

Problem 1
Only now I started trying to use <br><br> as a separator. But, my double enter turns into </p><p><br></p><p><br>, instead of <br><br>, which makes item 2 appear in the front of item 1:

So, am I doing something wrong when trying to create a <br><br>, or maybe </p><p><br></p><p><br> should be a separator, too?

Problem 2
It was already mentioned above some problems related to tables. I’m not interested in using <table> as a separator, so I would like to know what do I need to change in the template in order to have only <br><br> and <ol> as separators.
Just to remember the problem that tables create (c is inside a cell):

BR,

ok, after some tests I found that problem 1 happens when I open the text with the addon “extended editor for field for tables searchreplace”. It inserts those <p> things everywhere. Do you think it’s relevant to include those <p> things as possible situations for separators? People who use Massive Clize probably write large notes, so we can imagine that some of them will try to use external editors, for a better experience.

About problem 2, I tried with tables from 2 addons and from the tablegenerator site and they all brake the cards.

@kleinerpirat , Is it possible to show the card number instead of the location icon :drop_of_blood: in the scrolling bar?
This will help us understand which card we are studying

Suggestion: making the Text field the first one.

If the Text field is the first one (instead of the Subject field), you can leave it empty, if you want. Sometimes, leaving the Subject empty is necessary, because showing it would give away the answer. For example:

Subject: Watermelons
Question 5: Which fruit is big and green?

I changed it here manually, but I think it would be relevant to be like that by default, as it seems that it is common to have a situation like the Watermelons above.

the problem 1, with the addon “extended editor for field for tables searchreplace”, was solved in its latest update, as it, now, doesn’t mess with the <br>

Editing dozens of notes isn’t a problem as you can just use find and replace. If the extra field is the same for all the cards in question that should be not a problem.

(Edited for negation!)

Editing dozens of notes isn’t a problem as you can just use find and replace.

Yes, it would be technically possible, but very cumbersome in comparison to the solution that kleinerpirate created. For example, I always review on Ankidroid, so using Massive Cloze makes it easy to make quick edits on the go, that will be applied to dozens of cards.

Also, it’s better than using a common extra field, because the questions can be inserted in the middle of the text, in the exact spot where the information is explained. If using an extra session, it would be a pain to find the explanation.

I’m using it all the time, and I think it improved a lot my use of Anki.

If the extra field is the same for all the cards in question that should be a problem.

Sorry, I don’t understand. Do you mean, “should NOT be a problem”?

I see, I’m pretty much a Desktop-only user so something like that didn’t occur to me. Thanks for the typo correction!

I have been using the massive cloze note type for long now. I have around 100+ question in a single note. So before the exam, if I want to quickly revise any topic, I need to make a new Deck and copy the particular note there and do the review.

Is there any way by which we can directly select a massive note under the browse window and view the preview of all the cards under that note.?

Also please make a provision to know the card number, its very difficult to edit the card- Presently we need to look for the present cloze among the 100s of clozes.

Is there any way by which we can directly select a massive note under the browse window and view the preview of all the cards under that note.?

I´m not sure if I understand your question, but if I wanted to study only one note (all the cards from it) before a test, I would:

1. insert a custom tag into it, like, “sessionX”,
  2. and then create a filtered deck with only that tag.

Remember, tags are attached to notes, so you just need to add it once and it will cover all of the cards from that note.

The latest Ankidroid alphas broke the Massive Cloze. The backside is not scrolling anymore. I noticed when I switched from the stable Ankidroid version to the v2.17alpha15.

The previous time that Ankidroid showed this problem (Anki as a knowledge base (with a "massive cloze note") - #71 by kleinerpirat), @kleinerpirat solved by adding a delay.

It’s probably related to this: Docs: JavaScript APIs documentation needs updating · Issue #14953 · ankidroid/Anki-Android · GitHub. But, I have no idea how to fix it.

Can anyone save us, please?

1 Like

Changing this line in the front/back templates

var delay = !false && globalThis.AnkiDroidJS ? 100 : 0

To

var delay = !false && AnkiDroidJS ? 100 : 0

Appears to solve the issue.

2 Likes

Hello,

the problem is that Extra information revealing is not working with gamepad on Ipad.

When I use the gamepad with my ipad, the scrolling doesnt reveal the extra info. or any other button doesnt reveal the info.

Touching screen is the only solution but there should be a way to do it with the gamepad.

I have tried to change the tab function for “spacebar” but it is not working either.

document.addEventListener(“keydown”, (event) => {
// KeyL by default.
// https://keycode.info/
if (event.keyCode == ‘9’)

I have tried to change 9 to 32(spacebar) change but it didnt work.

any help?