Anki as a knowledge base (with a "massive cloze note")

is it compatible with “Closet” right now? if not, will it be?

I could make it compatible, no problem. However, that would complicate the note type a bit, because I would need to add some more fields. Also, I wouldn’t do it with a cloze note type (it won’t allow you to use the Closet clozes, which are arguably better).

If I do that, I will publish it as a separate deck. I’ll take a few days off from that though to focus on other stuff :wink:

1 Like

Completely understandable, thanks for all the work you’ve been doing. :+1:

1 Like

Matthias’s work is fantastic, when I suggested the feature in this post to enable a “massive cloze” I never imagined that something would be done with such speed, quality and much beyond than what was suggested and imagined.

Thanks for facilitating our study :slight_smile:

The only problem I couldn’t solve was fixing the header style and the letters were also very small on my computer, although they were in a nice size on AnkiDroid, but I think this is my problem as an ignorant user (haha) and not from this amazing note.

1 Like

Do you mean this?

Yeeep!

It is like if font-size: clamp(12px, calc(0.96em + 0.96vmin), 22px); and --header-font-size: clamp(20px, calc(0.97em + 0.97vmin), 26px); always be in the smallest size possible for me.

I don’t know if it was supposed to be done this way, but this is what i’ve done for changing the header style and font family and size of the text.

Header(Front):
anki_MlIGu81y4q

Font family(Styling):
anki_g1KT49Et4E

Font size(Styling):
anki_fDuvJTLFdi

2 Likes

A little better, thank you.

1 Like

The answer here is that Anki Desktop (newer versions) don’t support the new CSS commands yet. clamp, max, min, stuff like that. I remember my templates suddenly not working from updating Anki, and it turns out that Anki Desktop downgraded their some versions back.

2 Likes

On the one hand it’s good to know that I wasn’t doing any nonsense, on the other hand it’s curious that the new versions don’t support such features.

I am currently with 2.1.44.

Thanks for clarifying.

@kleinerpirat This is awesome work! I’d like to ask if there is a way to incorporate an “extra section” that only appears when the corresponding card is being reviewed. For example, I would like to make a Cloze deletion “{{c1::mitochondria}} is the powerhouse of the cell” and I would like to add extra background info that is related just to this card (ie. “mitochondria makes ATP”) and only appears when this Cloze is being reviewed. Is this possible, or if not, could you suggest any workarounds? Currently, I’ve been placing the extra information under the same Cloze number, so as to keep them together, but I would like to know if there is a more elegant way. Thank you again!

The cleanest (and easiest) solution I can think of is to use my Tippy Tooltips add-on.

For now, it doesn’t support extended editing, so it’s only suitable for short tooltips. But in the future, I will extend its functionality.

Furthermore, with an extra script (included in sample note type) you can automatically convert Wikipedia links into preview-tooltips:

Take a look at the first three cards of the note “History of Medicine” in the sample deck (which I updated right now) to see how I would use it.

If something doesn’t work, please don’t hesitate to report your issue on the support thread: Tippy Tooltips [Official Support]

Hi,
how do you exactly implement this template?

Can you make a step by step instructions for dummies? :smiley:

Because:
-I added a new note type (cloze)
-then when clicked on “Cards” i copy pasted the HTML code in front template, but nothing happened…

-when I made a card with multiple questions, only one poped up, not showing the whole picture

Have you copied the CSS (Styling) too? That’s an integral part of the template.

Instead of creating a new note type, you could just use the sample note type though. It is set up in a way that should satisfy most of the needs expressed in this topic.

1 Like

hey, can someone explain, why it’s not working?

You have to select the text and make an ordered (numbered) list out of it.

ive done previously like that too, and it have worked:

what do you mean by ordered (numbered)?
like this (?):

but then the numbers would give away answers

1 Like

The numbering won’t be visible in the output. The ordered list tag (<ol>) creates an HTML element which can be easily accessed/modified with JavaScript. It is just used as an easy and reliable way to separate the items from within the editor.

1 Like

Hi All,

i made a tabular coloumn and included questions cloze in it in the below format. Its not working . [note type- massive cloze note, anki 2.1.44, Ubuntu 20.04]
Added coloumn using the addons “extended editor for field for tables searchreplace”

please help me to solve this issue

This is how the both front and back cards shown